Dan loves to talk and loves to laugh. He has combined these with his passion to make a difference in the world. Known for delivering potent truth in an engaging way, his style is disarming yet challenging. Dan often jokes about his irreverent views on politics, religion and culture, “If I ever write a book, it will be titled: I probably shouldn’t say this, but…”
As an ordained minister, Dan Garrett led one of the largest youth ministries in the southeast, helped grow a small town church and started a thriving church from scratch in a former strip club.
Dan’s experiences in ministry and community leadership include:
- Youth Minister at Mount Carmel Church in Decatur/Stone Mountain for 11 years
- Helped start the Arrive Alive America campaign and has spoken to middle and high school students across the nation about the dangers of drinking and driving
- Founder of Home Team—seminar for teens and parents
- Founder and principal speaker for Dan Garrett Ministries
- Pastor of Spring Road Church
- Founding pastor of Christian Church Buckhead
- Executive Director of Henry Medical Foundation
- Volunteered and provided leadership with Camp Sunshine (children with cancer) for 10 years
- Trustee with his alma mater, Cincinnati Christian University (Ohio)
- Board member with Hope Roswell–Consortium of Churches
- Board member with Auburn Christian Fellowship Campus Ministry (Alabama)
Dan and his wife Carol have been married 24 years and are the proud parents of Danielle and Campbell. Carol is Director of Business Development with Spring Brook, an in-patient treatment hospital which specializes in children and adolescents with behavioral disorders and autism. Her role is to meet with therapists and healthcare organizations to assist them in securing the proper treatment for children with various needs. Carol has served in metro Atlanta psychiatric and drug treatment programs for many years.